Monday, February 20, 2012

Guava Cupcake Recipe, one of my newest additions=)

Excited to share my newest addition to my cupcake, cake pop and cake flavors, Guava. Very popular here in South Florida and is amazing with a cream cheese or fresh cheese frosting, my husband is cuban so him and my daughter's enjoy Guava and cheese as a dessert after dinner very often in our home. I thought wow wouldn't it be great to capture this same flavor in a cupcake. I searched many different recipes and tried a few but the flavor and comparison just wasn't there, and I had some tough judges considering that is their favorite dessert. I found this recipe I believe Martha Stewart is the one who created it but it actually has amazing flavor and with my cream cheese frosting or a gouda fresh cheese frosting it was amazing, think I managed to capture that same taste as having the real guava paste and cheese. Try it out and please feel free to contact me to place an order. Cupcakes are $2.00 each and if you order by the dozen there is a price break. That includes sprinkles or topping of your choice. I also have lots of cupcake liners and wrappers for you to chose from. Please if you try the recipe please let me know how it works out for you and share photos etc with me=). Please let me know if you need a recipe for frosting I have my own cream cheese frosting and then I make a fresh cheese, I use many different types of cheese but Gouda seems to be the best with this flavor cupcake, if you need a recipe email me at DlitefulCreations@ymail.com and I will email you one from my collection. Dliteful baking to you=).


Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2/3 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/3 c. guava jam (preferably 100% fruit)
  • 3 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 c. milk

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and jam until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add vanilla, and mix well.
  3. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk in three additions, scraping down the bowl after each. Mix until just combined (be careful not to overmix).
  4. In a cupcake paper-lined muffin pan, fill each muffin cup with batter and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 22-24 minutes for regular-size cupcakes or 15-18 minutes for mini cupcakes. Rotate pans halfway through for regular-size cupcakes and after 10 minutes for mini.
  5. Let cupcakes cool in pans on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment