Monday, April 2, 2012

Vintage dresser search for DIY shabby chic dressers!

I am on the hunt for some vintage or french provincial dressers, I want a wide long one and a tall chest, I would like to paint them either white like the one pictured below or silver like the one I found on this amazing blog I love. Check out mychampagnetaste.blogspot.com. Amazing talent and great projects to check out, she is super talented. I love everything she has done and hope to post some of my own projects soon. I have the headboard I wanted and found two amazing night stands at HomeGoods that are this vintage shape but with this embossed metal silver and black with mirrors on the top, sides and front of drawers. I love my Ralph Lauren bedding but maybe should have waited till we started painting and getting new furniture cause now I love the silver, gray, purple, black and white colors for the room. I have this amazing metal wall art I found online that I wanted to hang over the bed but now that we have crown molding it is too big. Going to hang it on another wall just waiting to still sell some of our old furniture. Got rid of the bed and one night stand have one night stand, dresser and large armoire left. I have to sell those to make room and money to get new stuff. We went to a ton of furniture stores looking at dressers and then I found those amazing night stands at Home Goods only thing is I can't find anything that I like as far as dressers now that I picked these night stands. I don't want dark wood like I originally thought and lately since I have started doing design projects and doing lots of research for design projects I have fallen in love with the vintage dressers, they are french provincial period I believe and look so nice, they have these amazing curves with the claw style feet. I love them! I also love the look of the venetian mirrors and lots of embossed silver and metal accents. I am looking around now for a dresser and tall chest to purchase at a second hand or thrift store, also on craigslist. I just have to decide do I go for shabby chic and paint them a high gloss creamy white and then sand them to look worn on the edges or do I do the silver look, I also some so high gloss black ones I loved too. I like the look of chandeliers with crystals now too. It is so funny how your taste changes over time, If you would have told me a few months ago I would have the type of night stands I have and looking to redo some old vintage dressers I would have laughed. I also am still working hard on the guest room/home office. We have a lot done just need to finish organizing and today I was at homegoods and grabbed some of those new really thin velvet feeling hangers to try, they save a ton of room cause since it is spring I am trying to get into the spring cleaning mode and start purging, getting rid of clutter, stuff we don't use and donating a lot of clothes or home goods to good will or the women in crisis center so I can start with my neat freak organizing. I have started watching this show called, The Amandas and gotten some amazing ideas and tips for organizing the home. I got a label making machine for the new home office and can't wait to start labeling everything around me. Stay tuned for photos, I will post some photos of the new pieces I got for the bedroom, my paint job and faux finish, the amazing crown molding, then post photos of the dresser I find before and after, some new bedding ideas, hate to think I bought all that bedding and only used for a couple months and already am considering something else. Want to get a duvet cover for my down comforter since summer is coming, and have some crisp white linens, with hints of gray, purple and black. Saw some amazing ones on the HomeGoods customer finds blog. Anyhow, Paige is baking her own cupcakes so going to go supervise and will have tons of photos of DIY projects like a holder for craft ribbon, custom drawers and shelving, a book shelf and little stand I am sanding to paint, pizza box paintings, some stencil projects and more. Time to start posting all the decor and craft projects I been mentioning. Going to be fun and just wait until summer lol. Have a Dliteful first week of April and spring!

1 comment:

  1. Thx you so much for posting my silver leaf dresser Melissa it is an honor to inspire you ...I tried to reply to you via email but for some reason the email didnt go through I guess you wrote your email wrong....any how this dresser is silver leafed and If you want to read the tutorial plz click on this link
    www.mychampagnetaste.blogspot.com/2011/09/silver-leaf-floor-lamp.html
    any questions let me know
    xoxo
    Rasha

    ReplyDelete