Friday, March 16, 2012

Pinterest.com inspirations for my craft room/office and laundry area!




All photos were taken from pinterest.com for inspiration, none of them are mine or were done by me. Thank you and enjoy
I was on pinterest the passed few nights being that I suffer from not being able to sleep, seems my mind is always creating and thinking so I can never fall asleep. I have been busy organizing my supplies for baking and candy/dessert tables, in that time I have been having the addition of my new home office/craft studio under way, then since I can now remove all my business supplies that started to take over my kitchen, bedroom and garage I started to remodel my bedroom. I have been doing home design projects for clients that have inspired me to want to redo my bedroom. It is the only room we haven't ever really invested a lot of effort into I just bought a matching bedroom set, some bedding and a tv then that was my room. I added some cute asian, moroccan and indian accents I would see at Home Goods shopping and that was my room. Well I decided it was time to treat myself and what better time then when I am clearing out the mess and clutter plus I have a handy man, contractor here working on the addition. I always wanted crown molding, so we picked out a nice one and had that installled, but not before I re painted from a blue I was never in love with, we kind of picked it out last minute and after 2 wrong choices just decided to stick with this one. I painted my room silver, not gray silver. Lol, it is very bright and not depressing like gray tends to be, then did my own custom faux finish on the new accent wall behind our bed. We flipped our entire room around so now when you walk in the bed is the first thing you see and then sold our huge solid wood four post bed, that was gorgeous but way to big for our room and I finally got a custom made brown tufted headboard. I have been searching high and low dying for one of these, fell in love with them and was looking forever cause I did not have the budget to buy an expensive one, like what I dreamed of but did how ever manage to find an amazing one and it came in way under the original budget at 320 dollars. I had originally set the budget for the headboard at 500-700 but found this one and it was gorgeous and small, just what I needed and wanted. One day I will invest in a more expensive wing backed version of what I have now but for the time being I am more into saving money and getting a good deal, it looks gorgeous and looks like it cost way more. I also added these amazing metal and mirrored side tables for each side of the bed, plus a gorgeous chair I found at Marshalls. So far most of my finding have been online or at Homegoods and Marshalls. Amazing pieces for amazing prices. I will post photos very soon of the before and after on the master but waiting to find the perfect dressers before I finish decorating with the accents.

Back to my home office, it is painted green and blue with all white accents, we needed guest sleeping so invested in a murphy bed cabinet and bedframe, I got some gorgeous bedding, simple but pretty, then some amazing rugs to add lots of color and texture to the room. I purchased an accent chair in blue micro fiber still looking for the perfect accent pillow for the chair. I got one of those cool asian garden stools for the accent table, then a white glass top desk, and all white storage. Lots of drawers and cabinets, corkboard and cool craft ribbon wall organizer. Can't wait to post photos it is going to be amazing and so much more organized now for my business. Plus now I can add more to my collection cause hubby won't complain about glass jars all over our room and baking stuff coming out of every where lol. Going to post a couple photos from pinterest that inspired me for my studio and laundry area that are all together being that it use to be the back side of our 2 car garage. We still have a large garage area left over which I also am looking for ideas for organization and creative ways to store and make the most of the room available for making stuff and so hubby can store his tools.

Enjoy the photos and if you have joined pinterest.com yet check it out, I love it. Amazing and creative people on there and I love it all=)

No comments:

Post a Comment