Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Red Velvet Heart shaped cake






Here are the pictures of my red velvet cake, was delicious. Didn't have the time to spend decorating it the way I had planned way to much going on with school, anniversary and was still worn out from spongebob. This weekend I am going to make some adorable cupcakes and cakes so stay tuned for some recipes, decorating ideas and more.

Excuse the dunkin doughnut box lol, that's the only box I had handy when making. Then my mm fondant was so soft my bow was not happening. I planned to cut out our names in white then put date in silver dust but never got to it so we just quickly wrote anniversary date and added some sprinkles. It was so good! I suggest if you have never made red velvet or had it to try it. So good and make sure if you using frosting to use cream cheese over buttercream so much more complementing to the red velvet and I must add my mm fondant, even though soft was so yummy, I think I like it soft just not good for molding, I may start to use it to cover the cake as base then use the sugar based fondant for making the bows and stuff I need to harden like clay. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment