Monday, October 3, 2011

Blinged out home design

I have been blinging out everything from mirrors, candles, candle holders and picture frames. Posting pictures tomorrow. Also have updated my home, hard to really show the new stuff because I have decorated for Halloween and fall, but I have brought in more blues, and my new fav neutral color animal prints. Can't wait for you all to see my new ideas. I will have the new cakes up next week on Monday, I am working very hard and got my creative juices flowing on the army, soldier cake for my hero Ryan's birthday. Then the shower cake with pregnancy belly and the 2 tier bday cake for a 13 year old young lady. I bought a huge bucket of soldiers, tanks, planes, forts, rocks and barb wire fence. I want to make dog tags out of fondant and maybe a grenade to put the candles in, this will be a challenging cake for me because he does not like fondant and I haven't made many cakes professionally with regular icing yet. I have been practicing. I have a ton of ideas. I was thinking of making the inside of the cake camo, using chocolate cake and vanilla cake then dying half of the vanilla green. I am going to test it out on Friday to see how it turns out. Got some turtle crunch sprinkles that I am going to use for the sandy roads and dirt areas. Also some crushed orea cookies. I have green icing gel to tint the icing for the grass. I am nervous cause this is for someone super special so want him to love it. Off to get some much needed rest busy day ahead tomorrow, then I received a message a little while ago from a decor and event company who would like to speak to me about being part of their next event, that would be so cool. I can't wait to hear the details. Looks like I may be putting nursing on the side, again, like I did when I got pregnant to pursue the interior design and event planning career. I really do love it and am passionate about it so that would be a dream come true. Fingers crossed that this is all a sign of what I am suppose to do with my life. Lord knows nursing is good money but I sure would love to plan weddings, parties and decorate homes much more. Thank you to all my friends and family for you love and support. Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment