Saturday, October 8, 2011

Camo, military cake






This is the cake before icing, can't wait to cut it will have pics of course=)
Here are some pictures from my phone of the camo cake I made for a dear friend's son's birthday. I made the inside using three different cakes I made, one was chocolate, vanilla and a butter white cake dyed green. I just scooped the different colors into pan and mixed them up so it would be spots of the different colors to look like camo, then baked. I am more experience with the fondant only use regular icing on cupcakes so this was my first full buttercream cake I made that wasn't just for here with the kids. I airbrushed it green, used some turtle crunch sprinkles to make road and then added the army soldiers, tank, helicopter, dog tag, and some other touches. I hope Ryan loves it. He is after all my hero, for saving Paityn on her birthday=). Enjoy the pictures and tonight I will be downloading a bunch of photos of my candles, towels, art, home decor and this cake plus more. =) Enjoy this wet weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment