Tuesday, January 10, 2012

BuTtErFlIeS! Great for birthday, shower and wedding

I love butterflies, who doesn't they are so gorgeous and fragile. They look amazing on cakes and cupcakes. Great for bridal showers, baby showers, weddings, and birthday cakes.

She loved this for her rehearsal dinner and it came out amazing this i used the left over butterflies from the cupcakes I made her for the cake tasting which was attended at my home by her, her future husband and the mother of both the bride and groom.

These butterflies are paper ones I found at the craft store and look so realistic it is amazing, they are delicate and come in many colors, I attach them to picks and then stick them where needed, I can also make them out of sugar paste to be edible just won't look as realistic. I was asked to make a wedding cake by client with butterflies in her color scheme and flowers, so for the tasting when she came to taste all my amazing home made batters I put together some cupcakes and used these paper style butterflies to show her them, she was in love=). Nothing like another happy client and especially a bride to be. A wedding cake is the most important of all the cakes I make cause they are for a couple's special day, a day they will never forget and I was nervous at first to make my first wedding cake, luckily it was an easy request just white fondant with red ribbon and red rose petals which came out gorgeous, was a little testing because she wanted re velvet cake and to cover red with white fondant is challenging you don't want the color to show through but I used buttercream and did a thick coat for the crumb coat and it was perfect.



Here is the amazing cake finished, the top is a foam ball covered in fondant so that I could have something sturdy to push the flowers into. She went with white butterflies so it wasn't to busy but I made her a cake for her dinner the night before the wedding with all her family using the colored ones I had bought. The bottom of the cake is a 3 layer red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, the covered with white marshmallow fondant, this is the part they cut for there photos and cause her wedding was turquoise and peach/light pink I went easy on the red coloring so the cake looked the same as the flowers on top, almost like a pink/peach velvet, from what she told me was gorgeous and delicious waiting for her proofs from the photographer wedding was New Years Eve=). I then did a yellow moist cake for second layer which is a 12" round, then a 8" round dark decadent chocolate one of my most popular next to red velvet flavors, this way her guests had a selection of flavors, on of the layers has buttercream marshmallow fondant and the other has white chocolate enriched marshmallow fondant. The silver cake stand is mine, purchased at Home Goods is part of a line called Opulent Treasures, I have cupcake stands, cake stand, dessert platters and matching candle holders, some silver, gold and a lot with tons of crystals, just dripping with bling. I rent these for $50 deposit and then you get $25 back upon return, some are a little more depending on how much the stand retailed for. Believe it or not but sometimes, especially at a wedding the stand can be very important it doesn't look very pretty to have a wedding cake sitting on a cake board even if it is silver and has flowers around it lol. I can't wait to see the professional pictures the photographer took, the florist did a great job adding that little something extra using the rose petals on the cake table. I know I would have loved this cake at my wedding and for under $600 it was a deal, a lot of cakes this size with this much detail believe it or not would cost $1,000 I make my cakes for as little as possible, I charge for the supplies and then the labor, this cake took me two days and many hours, lost a lot a sleep stressing cause wedding cakes really stress me out lol, I want them perfect. Also made a sheet cake of red velvet for the caterer to start slicing while the couple was cutting the cake so they could start passing out the plates right after then take the rest to the back and finish cutting, she had 200 guests and not a slice left over lol.
This was the photo she sent me originally that she had gotten of the internet, with the message I love this want different color butterflies, maybe white and cake to be tall, grand to serve 150-200 people and flowers on top please. My budget is $1200 and I would love to have you make my shower cake and rehearsal dinner cake also for out of town guests in similar style



Please keep in mind I can make ANYTHING, you like. If you have a favorite color, style or if you google and see a cake that you love online just copy it and email or text it to me and I can make it maybe even way better then the one you liked. Look at the sample she sent me, I think my version was way better and for way less, she was quoted $1000 for that cake for 150-200 guests I don't want to say exactly what I charged her cause I made her 3 cakes, a shower cake, cake for rehearsal dinner and the wedding cake so I didn't it as a package kind of but she paid 1200 for all three cakes and they were all gorgeous, I will post photo of the bridal shower cake, which her maid of honor picked the design. It was gorgeous a little hard to make lol, thank you Brenda but everyone loved it. Order you cake today by texting or calling Melissa at (954) 604-4713 or you can email me at DlitefulCreations@ymail.com or look me up on facebook www.facebook.com/dlitefulcreations and be sure to hit the like button while you are there I give away free stuff to every so many likes I pick #'s then who ever is that # to like my page gets the free gift. Also don't forget I do event/party planning, everything from the invitations to food, cakes, decor, centerpieces, linens, tables/chair rentals, inflatable rentals, cotton candy, sno cones, henna tattoos, glitter tattoos, candy stations, chocolate fountains, fondue, favors, piniatas, character rentals and clowns, then I do custom decorating, interior design, home staging, personal shopping, painting and all kinds of crafts. I love to make things and do diy projects all the time so there is no event, decor plan or craft I can't do and wouldn't love it in the process! My pricing is competitive and even usually a lot lower cause I understand with the economy people can not afford 300-1000 cakes, I make the cakes for the cost of supplies and most of the charge is labor cause these cakes are VERY time consuming to make even the simplest ones take hours of prepping, baking, and then decorating. I make everything from scratch and my fondant take an hour or more to make then must be refrigerated for days to be the perfect consistency for molding and working with. My cakes I usually bake the night before, then crumb coat and allow to sit over night then decorate as close to the event as possible so everything is fresh and Dliteful=)! I look forward to and hope to work with you soon on your Dliteful cake, event, party or home! Please be sure to tell all your friends about this blog and share my facebook link. I appreciate any and all advertising that is free lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment