Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY Hurricane Candle Holders! Cost $2

I am pretty sure everyone has a local Dollar Tree where they live, I got this idea from a you tube video that dollar tree posted on my facebook as one of their posts. I go there all the time and I have tons of their candle sticks, candle plates, vases, candy dishes etc. These were so simple to make I bought some adhesive from Dollar tree that works on glass, sand paper then candle stick holders, vases in several sizes, candy dish, candle dish and other cool little things I thought would make cute candle holders, candy dishes, or cake plates. I simply sanded the area I was going to apply the glue, then wiped it down to make sure the surface was clean, applied the adhesive to both the candle stick and the bottom of the vases, pulled apart and let sit for 5 minutes then re applied the vase to the stick, then let dry overnight. Then for $2 plus an additional $2 for the glue and sandpaper which can be used for many of these, you have an amazing hurricane candle holder, potpourri holder, candy holder, you could even put lemons or fruit, or hot glue a wick to the bottom and pour wax inside and make a large candle. It is an amazing DIY idea and I made three so far and tomorrow I am going to make some with lids, I got these amazing glass candy jars that came with lids that look cute on top of the candle sticks. Got to love Dollar Tree, then you can buy rocks, sand, potpourri, candles, shells, fake fruit or even fake flowers from Dollar tree to put inside. They make great gift ideas, party centerpieces, party favors, or just great to use around your home. I am going to use some for my candy stations at parties to fill with lots of sugar filled treats=). Enjoy and let me know if you make some, send me some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment