Friday, January 6, 2012

The quest for the perfect headboard for my room!

On the mission to find the dream headboard but in a very small and tight budget. I found one for my little girls room just wanted something simple, easy to clean, soft and that I could mount her bedframe to. After weeks of patience and searching high and low I found a black leather one on craigslist for $120. It retailed for 328 brand new and it is in perfect condition. Okay so score on that one, lol. But while searching I fell in love the many headboards I saw online and decided since our new bedroom is smaller then the room we had when we bought our big furniture it is time to down size. I have changed my style in the passed few years a lot and no longer like all the wood furniture, I like a table here or there or a nice accent piece but an entire wood bed and set no thank you. I got my little one a mirrored vintage night stand for a steal at Tuesday mornings one day, all the ones I had seen were over 400 up to 1200 and I found the perfect one for her room for 69 one day while just looking around with my mom. I want something similar for my room but I saw these silver leafed tables with mirror tops and drawer fronts then I also saw a set of tables at home goods that were wood finished it was zebra wood with the light and dark stripes and the top was mirrored glass and the front of the drawers were reversible, could be brown leather front or cheetah print fabric fronts and if my style changed I could recover them but brown leather goes with anything. Anyhow of subject back to headboards. I love so many style and am so confused about the color, I am having a hard time cause I love the gray, purple and white but I change my color schemes sometimes twice in a year any time I see a new bedding set I love or accents on sale I have to have them and then my colors get all messed up. Right now my room is light blue, brown and tan, my new bedding is burgundy, gold, brown and purple. Has hints of silver in the paisley as trim but not much. I think that gold, burgundy, deep purple velvet or even black would look amazing, but I can not get myself to buy a color cause then what, have to get a new one or pay mucho bucks to recover it and it isn't easy to recover these. A lot of work especially if they are trimmed and tufted. I think black would look nice but then lint city and cream is gorgeous and elegant and one day I would love to do an all white, linen and cream romantic room, maybe when the kids are off at college and just me and hubby lol. But for now I am thinking brown, Beige, gold or cream. I am leaning towards the brown. I would do leather but very masculine and a lot of the leather ones are not arched which I know I want it to have curves for sure. Here are some I love and like, then a few neat different ones I threw in there for those who love these upholstered beds like me. These are just a few of hundreds I have viewed. Some are hand made, some are from stores like pottery barn, skyline furniture and crate and barrel. Check em out and any feed back is much appreciated.

To plain for me but nice, has nail head detail around the trim and is sold as a full bed not just headboard.

I love this one it has a unique shape and thick padding, the tufting work is gorgeous. This one is way out of my budget though like most I have seen

This is my bedding ensemble I just got different set up going on, different euro shams, pillow cases and accent pillows but almost the same, same idea. Head board is nice but the roll on top pushes it out from the wall too much and part of my decision to change the furniture is to get more space out of our room. I need something that is flat against the wall
This is the one I am considering the most, brown, can be velvet micro suede, shantung silk or just fabric. Runs from 250-350 but takes 3-4 weeks for delivery I have no patience lol.
This is gorgeous love the wing back in the chairs and beds looks so vintage and regal to me
Love the silver tone versus the gray velvet doesn't look dark and dingy but shiny and rich

Again the biggest contender I like this color also

This one I like cause it is masculine, I love leather everything especially when you have kids easiest fabric to clean and it just looks very well made but costs 2300
I think this is gorgeous, has nice shape, silver nail head trim and tufting just way out of budget here it is sold as a bed for 2000. I cant get them to sell just the headboard and if they did would be well over 1000



I posted this one cause I like the bright colors this would be nice in an island or beach home.
Elegant and dreamy this would be perfect for my white, cream and linen romantic room one day very expensive though
This one is on craigslist was asking 275 she said she would take 225 it is newly recovered and I do like the shape, the color matches my bedding but what else would it go with in the future and like I said recovering is not easy or cheap, they do have fabric paints now that you can spray on but would have to be black or dark brown to cover the purple and would that cheapen the look.
This rich purple velvet has me in love, I have been obsessing and thinking of this a lot I need someone to tell me it is ugly, hideous and I shouldn't even think about it but for 225 it is hard to resist
Now here is a concern it looks short, right? Not very tall and I have a lot of pillow including those larger euro shams, would my pillows cover the headboard? I don't want that I want it to be seen, anyhow let me know what you think. I also posted pics on my facebook page if it is easier for you to make comments there, www.facebook.com/dlitefulcreations..

I will let you all know what I pick soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment