Sunday, February 19, 2012

3d Martini Glass Birthday Cake!

Here are the finished pictures of the 3d martini cake I made for a birthday party for a new customer. Says, Happy Birthday Queen B! Some photos were before I actually attached all the pieces and the rest are the finished cake and then packaged and ready to go, this a 10" round, 3 layers of yellow cake, with home made cream cheese icing, buttercream and marshmallow fondant. I used pink gel food coloring mixed with some vanilla extract and Absolut Vodka to make a paint to color the front and inside of martini glass and then some edible sparkle dust in pink. The lime is made from buttercream fondant dyed in dark green and marshmallow fondant died in a lighter green the used some tools to make lines in lime so it looked realistic. Has a black fondant trim border around bottom. Cake cost $90. Was going to make it 8" round but thought it would look to cramped and small, but is possible for $75. Larger would be 12" for $120. I didn't have a martini glass to use to have for a sample of shape or size so just custom formed it. I purchased a martini glass after I made the cake for future use to mold the top for better shape and form, but for my first try I think it came out amazing and customer loved it. Waiting to here how the birthday girl liked it=). Remember I can custom make any cake, this customer called me and told me she was having a martini themed party and this is the idea I came up with. If you see a photo online of a cake you like just email it or text a photo of it to me and I can make it no matter how difficult or different it is, I even make adult themed party cakes too for bachelor parties or girl's night parties. Any cake is possible from Dliteful Creations, I love to make all types and different styles.





1 comment:

  1. Pretty cake I must say! My cousin and her friend went for a birthday treat of their mate. Praised the location of Los Angeles event venues booked for the lunch. Also the sober décor was eye catching. Even the cake and cup cakes were baked nicely. Also gifted him a bouquet with branded key chain and tie.

    ReplyDelete