Friday, February 17, 2012

Unfinished, in the process custom 3d Martini glass birthday cake

Work in progress not finished just showing the beginning stages will post the final pics tomorrow after I am done, of course like all my cakes it will have a photo shoot lol! I love it and am not super happy with it cause I am a perfectionist but given what I had to use and go on I think I did a great job! Next one will be perfect going to buy a real martini glass to mold it from lol, that would have made it easier, you think lol.














Custom made, everything from the cake, icing and fondant made by me from scratch. Hand molded and cut all the pieces my self started baking at 4 pm it is 3 layers of yellow cake with cream cheese frosting for filling and crumb coat, and my delicious home made buttercream fondant. Made the pink paint from gel food coloring mixed with vanilla extract and a tiny bit of absolut vodka to turn into paint. Then dusted with edible pink dust. The lime I even hand made and put little lines in it. Love it, going to have circles and polka dots in hot pink and black will post finished product tomorrow when done, tired and need rest to finish when I am refreshed. Hope the birthday girl loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment