Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mascarpone Frosting Recipe!

Mascarpone Frosting is something that I get a lot of requests for, before I started a baking business I had never heard of this but I have been gifted with a box of recipes left to me by my grandmother who baked everything imaginable from scratch, so when I got a call about this usually I would google, but I go to my little red recipe box first. I found four amazing recipes, one is a basic which is the one I am sharing, then their is a vanilla bean mascarpone and another one with a great carrot cake recipe. I like to share my recipes with all you fellow bakers out there or baking enthusiasts cause really this is a Dliteful frosting for cupcakes. I have never used on a cake I think it would almost be too much, but on a cupcake it is amazing. It is light, whipped and creamy. Great texture and great flavor, reminds me a little of a cream cheese frosting, being that it is from the cheese family but it is lighter and fluffier. Try it out and let me know what you think, then how yours turns out. Posted some photos I have of a few that I have made, don't have many photos cause usually I only take a lot of photos of the decorated a fancier cupcakes, but I do have a few=). Enjoy. If you have any questions about the recipe or complications in preparing it just call, text or email me, I would be more then happy to help you. I post recipes frequently so scroll through my blog, I have fondant recipes, chocolate ganache frosting, red velvet cake and more. If you have a recipe you would like to try or something you have wondered how to make please just feel free to ask me. I am always here for help=).


Ingredients

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted

Directions

  1. With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to overbeat, or cream will be rough or grainy). In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gently add whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until completely mixed. Use immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment