Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Buttercream fondant

Okay a lot of people have been emailing me about my fondant, if you haven't had one of my fondant cakes, my fondant actually tastes good. I only buy ready made fondant if it is black or red, cause those are the two hardest colors to achieve when dying marshmallow, or buttercream fondant. Brown is easy for me to make cause I make my buttercream or marshmallow fondant chocolate flavored when making brown or burgundy even tan sometimes, by using melted hershey's chocolate candy bar broken into pieces and added to my recipe a long with cocoa powder instead of confection sugar. Anyhow, I posted my marshmallow fondant recipe awhile back so search my post to find it, this is one way I make a delicious buttercream fondant that all my customers email and text me telling me it is the most delicious they have ever tasted, same as my marshmallow and chocolate, if you ever look when you attend a party with a fondant cake a lot of the cake plates have the fondant peeled of like an orange and they eat the inside I promise if you try my fondant you will eat it and enjoy it, It is soft, full of flavor and tastes like icing or frosting just a little harder. Give this recipe a try.


List of things you need for recipe:

1 cup of shortening

1 tsp of clear vanilla extraxt, this keep your fondant white if you want ivory use the colored extract.

1 cup of light corn syrup

2lb bag of confection sugar, baking sugar.

Food coloring GEL, I use gel cause liquid makes recipes watery even with cake batter and frosting, or even candy. They even sell a special food coloring when coloring candy when you are melting it down to make molds, or cake pops.

A large mixing bowl

Flat mat or surface and rolling pin, I grease the area and use flour so it doesn't stick, this is not as messy as my marshmallow fondant is.e icing, or the basis of some candies, that is rolled and very easy to work with.



Instructions:


    • 1

      Mix together shortening, corn syrup and vanilla by hand until well blended. It will be lumpy. Don't expect to get it smooth just yet.

    • 2

      Add the confectioners sugar to the mixture, about 1 cup at a time. When the mixture gets stiff, start using you hands to knead the ingredients together.

    • 3

      Dump the fondant out onto your countertop or hard surface. Continue to knead until it is well mixed and has a uniform consistency. The fondant should be pliable and easy to move yet not sticky; it should not stick to your hands. If it is too sticky, add just a touch of confectioners sugar until it is at the right consistency.

    • 4

      Add just a touch of food coloring using a toothpick, if you would like to color your fondant. Knead the fondant until the color is uniform. You may have to add more food coloring if you want an intense, deep color.

    • 5

      Roll the fondant out on the flat surface. From there, you may cover the entire cake or use cookie cutters to make decorative accents. Fondant also works great to make 3-D characters. Model it just as you would clay.



I use this recipe on a lot of my cakes and everyone loves it=) Let me know how it works out for you! Enjoy the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment